Naked heels Forum Index Naked heels
The way they do it in the jungle

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  {Photo Gallery}Main Gallery   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

{Asil Forum} {Vietnamese forum}

Gallos de Navaja Peruana

View previous topic :: View next topic  
sykes
Chick

Battles: 703

BattlePosted: Sun Feb 15, 2009 3:54 am    Post subject: Gallos de Navaja Peruana Reply with quote

hello i was speaking to a friend today and they mentioned the above fowl , can anyone offer any information on it ?
i have searched for info on the net but cannot read most of it , any info greatly appreciated :)
jjbel
Divine Fowl

Battles: 31203

BattlePosted: Sun Feb 15, 2009 3:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is a bit about them in the Book "Oriental Gamefowl" by Horst Schmuddee, not a lot, but a few photos and writing.
JRVASIL
Chick

Battles: 311

BattlePosted: Sun Feb 15, 2009 4:54 am    Post subject: Navajero Peruano Reply with quote

Sykes.
The " Navajero Peruano" is one of the game breeds formed and coserved in South America and one of the most beautiful ones too. It has been developed in Perú by the cross of bankivoid and malayoid birds, mainly: old time philipine or south east asian slashers, spanish, oeg and malay breeds.
The original breed seems have come from Manila, Philipines in the sea ships that traded with ports such as Acapulco, Mexico and el Callao in Perú. Some gamefowl experts such as Mr. Raúl Chufani of Mexico have gave us light in this matter showing proof of this gamefowl breed being identical both in Mexico and Perú hundreds of years ago through drawings and ancient documents, describing this fowl and the way it was fought. It´s is clear that the "navaja" or knive, has been used in south india and the islands of the south seas and a certain type of fowl was developed for it wich came to america some 500 hundred years ago forming therefore this breeds both in Mexico ( nowadays extint) and Perú. Afterward the peruvian breeders used some of their "postiza" spanish gamefowl and later on oeg and malay (introduced mainly by the oriental migration to this country in the early 20th century). The result is a beautifull bird of a great stance and showing a great ability in long knive fight ( just one knive tied to the left leg usually) The average weight of a pure Navajero Peruano is around 9 to 10 pounds, but there are lighter ones wich are crosses with modern american slashers.
If someone shows me how to include pictures in the posts I´ll gladly include some good looking navajeros. If you need more info about it please write me at: pjervesc@hotmail.com

Regards.

Pablo E. Jerves
Jrvasil
sykes
Chick

Battles: 703

BattlePosted: Sun Feb 15, 2009 5:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thank you very much Pablo :) just the information i was looking for !
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Naked heels Forum Index * Naked Ring All times are GMT + 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: