Naked heels Forum Index Naked heels
The way they do it in the jungle

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  {Photo Gallery}Main Gallery   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

{Asil Forum} {Vietnamese forum}

Thai Gaichon versus Burmese Pama

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Willem
Vicious Fowl

Battles: 3001

BattlePosted: Mon May 14, 2007 2:19 am    Post subject: Thai Gaichon versus Burmese Pama Reply with quote

I often hear about the Pama on our Ganoi website. My question : what are the physical differences (for example size, weight, type) between the Gaichon and the Pama ? Do both varieties have a specific fighting style to ? I would appreciate a good picture of a typical Pama posted in the gallery.

PS : I dont want to know which variety is the best of the two !!!

Regards, Willem praying

Visit my photo gallery!
Willem
Vicious Fowl

BattlePosted: Mon May 14, 2007 8:41 pm    Post subject: Come on friends Reply with quote

I am baffled, countless postings about Pama birds on the Ganoi forum but no reaction on my topic / question. Just wanna know the difference between the Thai Gaichon and the Burmese Pama ! Dont be "shy" give me some feedback folks !

Regards, Willem praying

Visit my photo gallery!
Dr.A.Ali

BattlePosted: Tue May 15, 2007 4:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

go to the site gaichonthai.com there will be a whole host of links in it,browse through all the web boards u will find many pics of pama fowl.
they r the ones with tails carried high like bankiva breeds,light built something like in between asian and bankiva breeds.
but the language on all these sites is local so wont be able to understand anything.
Willem
Vicious Fowl

BattlePosted: Tue May 15, 2007 5:30 am    Post subject: Sallam Dashan Reply with quote

Sallam Dashan,
Thanks for the hint but it would be nice if our Thai/Burmuse/Laotion or Cambodian Ganoi friends would give me some insider details. Your right some interesting pics are posted but the story and facts behind these breeds are of my interests too !

Regards, Willem

Visit my photo gallery!
hiComb
Battle Fowl

Battles: 1028

BattlePosted: Tue May 15, 2007 7:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pama is often use in here by the Hmong members. Pama is the translation for Burmese gamefowl.

this picture is a fine example of a Burmese. Notice his distinctive tail.
Willem
Vicious Fowl

BattlePosted: Tue May 15, 2007 11:00 am    Post subject: Pama details Reply with quote

Thanks Superrooster.
What are the weights for a Pama ?

Regards, Willem

Visit my photo gallery!
pamax
Divine Fowl

Battles: 14521

BattlePosted: Tue May 15, 2007 10:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pama are light weight birds. pure pama in burma and thailand usually don't go over 6lbs. they also have a light frame and smaller structure. they are known for their fast beaks and accurate kicks. there style is more of a bob and weave and shuffle. they rarely come in to wrestle. the typical pama color is the grey color, but they can also come in red.

hopefully this gives you a little more insight on the pama/burma breed.
Xue
Chick

Battles: 494

BattlePosted: Wed May 16, 2007 9:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nobody can tell you because us guys in the US only see what was brought over. And those may or may not be representative of the breed.

My wife's uncle is a breeder of Burmese in Thailand. I have a small video of the birds he raises. Most are high tailed birds similar to a spanish/asil cross used in Puerto Rico. Not fully bankivoid, but somewhere in the middle.

From past conversation's I've had with both Thailand and Burma breeders, they all agree the Burmese is of lesser quality when comparing the two. Both have a history of cockfighting and there's no reason to believe they haven't interbred until recently.

As far as the popularity and success of the burmese cross in recent years go, I haven't been able to pinpoint the root of how or who started this phenomenon. The Thai and Burma breeders I know were in the States when the burmese crosses took off.
FlatTopBruiser
Divine Fowl

Battles: 7976

BattlePosted: Wed May 16, 2007 11:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Xue wrote:
Nobody can tell you because us guys in the US only see what was brought over. And those may or may not be representative of the breed.

My wife's uncle is a breeder of Burmese in Thailand. I have a small video of the birds he raises. Most are high tailed birds similar to a spanish/asil cross used in Puerto Rico. Not fully bankivoid, but somewhere in the middle.

From past conversation's I've had with both Thailand and Burma breeders, they all agree the Burmese is of lesser quality when comparing the two. Both have a history of cockfighting and there's no reason to believe they haven't interbred until recently.

As far as the popularity and success of the burmese cross in recent years go, I haven't been able to pinpoint the root of how or who started this phenomenon. The Thai and Burma breeders I know were in the States when the burmese crosses took off.

Hey, I know who brought over the red burmese family into the states and the whole history of these birds. my dad brought them over in 2000. wanna know more, email thoza1@aol.com
Stricker
Battle Fowl

Battles: 1872

BattlePosted: Fri May 25, 2007 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Typical pama breed for reference
johnv
Vicious Fowl

Battles: 3992

BattlePosted: Fri May 25, 2007 10:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Willem looking at xxfobxx sumatra cross,cos it back to asil and compare to first pic posted?
boby
Battle Fowl

Battles: 1105

BattlePosted: Fri May 25, 2007 11:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

that "PAMA" from stricker looks more like a duckwing OEG to me. shows how much i know about pama's lol.

very interesting posts.
Willem
Vicious Fowl

BattlePosted: Sat May 26, 2007 2:21 am    Post subject: Hello Stricker Reply with quote

Stricker, thanks for your posting of a Pama picture. Interesting type. What weight is your line ?

Regards, Willem

Visit my photo gallery!
johnv
Vicious Fowl

Battles: 3992

BattlePosted: Sat May 26, 2007 2:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Raeberac vearing moreto modern game I would say
Stricker
Battle Fowl

Battles: 1872

BattlePosted: Sat May 26, 2007 10:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My line is in between 2.5kg to 2.8kg. My brood is a blue red pama which it's fighting style is 90% front free kick, always fight front with a distance. Head hunter (beak, ear and eye). Less advantages if fighting with a body hitter because they have thin bone.
gldtor
Crazy Fowl

Battles: 2343

BattlePosted: Sat May 26, 2007 11:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

willem

i have some pama mix but they still retain a lot of the characteristics of the pamas in asia. my pama hen is very small around 3-4 lbs. i would have said that this is a bantam hen if i wasn't the breeder. when i get a chance, i will take a couple of pictures of the stags and post them.
gilly
Chick

Battles: 430

BattlePosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 11:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

pama roosters are good, fast and accurate but they tend to not last long or should i say they dont have a lot of stamina when fighting in the ring
gilly
Chick

BattlePosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 12:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pama roosters are fast and accurate but they tend to not last very long in the ring
gilly
Chick

BattlePosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 12:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pama roosters are fast and accurate but the down part about them is they dont tend to last long in the ring
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Naked heels Forum Index * Naked Ring All times are GMT + 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: