Naked heels Forum Index Naked heels
The way they do it in the jungle
 
  FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  {Photo Gallery}Main Gallery   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

{Asil Forum} {Vietnamese forum}

Introduction

 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Naked heels Forum Index * New member area
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
dabehemoth
Chick


Joined: 19 Jul 2015
Battles: 10

BattlePosted: Tue Dec 20, 2016 3:11 pm    Post subject: Introduction Reply with quote

Hi guys, I'm new to orientals bcoz I mostly have american gamebirds aside from my native chickens that I keep. Hoping to have some helpful techniques from you guys. Is someone here from davao specifically brgy. Cabantian? I want to test my shamo when he reaches the right age.
_________________
Raising quality fowls for ...... uhm... for fun I guess
Fujin line
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
philippe
Evil Fowl


Joined: 12 Dec 2004
Battles: 4689
Location: Europe

BattlePosted: Wed Dec 21, 2016 2:30 am    Post subject: Re: Introduction Reply with quote

dabehemoth wrote:
Hi guys, I'm new to orientals bcoz I mostly have american gamebirds aside from my native chickens that I keep. Hoping to have some helpful techniques from you guys. Is someone here from davao specifically brgy. Cabantian? I want to test my shamo when he reaches the right age.


Hi dabehemoth,

Welcome in this site!
Always good to have a new member from Philippines, a country with a strong and lively tradition of cockfighting. You ask for helpful techniques from us. Yet the level of cockfighting is so high in your country that you could helpful for most of us.

In reading your post, I wondered if you are leaving the knife competition for the natural spur competition? By the way, is it a simplification to say that in the Philippines, the Christian guys fight birds in knife and the Muslims fight birds in natural spurs?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
dabehemoth
Chick


Joined: 19 Jul 2015
Battles: 10

BattlePosted: Wed Dec 21, 2016 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for your compliments but as what we filipinos always say about cockfighting is that "one can never learn enough". Very Happy

and as to your queries. No, I dont have to fight my chickens because it is my neighbors and friends who do that for me because I'm not fund of the betting aspect of the game(It's quite common here to have someone rent your fowl). I only breed gamebirds because they're really elegant, tame and confident looking. Majority of the nakedheel fanciers here are muslims and the same with christians with the knife. Though, nakedheel had always enjoyed a good following with the christian cockers with the big event winners mostly christians(even here in mindanao). Muslims also play the knives with their own american games. The big clans even import fowls straight from U.S and Hawaii.
You, Sir, seemed to know so much about Philippine cockfighting which made me think that maybe you have visited the Islands before.

My vocabulary is awfully limited that's why I can't express myself more.
_________________
Raising quality fowls for ...... uhm... for fun I guess
Fujin line


Last edited by dabehemoth on Wed Dec 21, 2016 4:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
shamolady
Divine Fowl


Joined: 05 Sep 2005
Battles: 26290
Location: Isle of Man

BattlePosted: Wed Dec 21, 2016 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

welcome Welcome dabehemoth

It may be worth mentioning to you that Shamo do take a lot longer to mature than your American Game. So be patient with them - they are worth the waít :duel:

[Sorry, our posts crossed!]
_________________
MaiBon

My Gallery
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
dabehemoth
Chick


Joined: 19 Jul 2015
Battles: 10

BattlePosted: Wed Dec 21, 2016 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

shamolady wrote:
welcome Welcome dabehemoth

It may be worth mentioning to you that Shamo do take a lot longer to mature than your American Game. So be patient with them - they are worth the waít :duel:

[Sorry, our posts crossed!]


Hi, are you the same person as julia keeling? Always a good thing that people like you are here on this site to help out beginners like me praying
_________________
Raising quality fowls for ...... uhm... for fun I guess
Fujin line
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
shamolady
Divine Fowl


Joined: 05 Sep 2005
Battles: 26290
Location: Isle of Man

BattlePosted: Wed Dec 21, 2016 11:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOL! Yes, I am Julia Keeling lol
_________________
MaiBon

My Gallery
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
philippe
Evil Fowl


Joined: 12 Dec 2004
Battles: 4689
Location: Europe

BattlePosted: Thu Dec 22, 2016 4:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi dabehemoth,

Thanks for your informative answer.
I also understand why you like the oriental birds if you look for tame and confident birds. About elegance, yes there is some but also a lot of brute look.

I have not yet had the pleasure to visit your nice country. If I were a steel cocker, sure I'd quickly do it. The level of competition is so high in your country.
About naked heel competition, I have a question to ask you. Is the pit always tiny?
In my humble opinion, a pit with a diameter of about 3 meters is better. It's a good compromise. A large pit gives too much advantage to the road runners that are not real game birds. A tiny pit does not give an opportunity to win to some styled birds like the lockers, the under wing birds, the between legs birds...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
dabehemoth
Chick


Joined: 19 Jul 2015
Battles: 10

BattlePosted: Thu Dec 22, 2016 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Most pits commonly used are 1.5 in diameter. But big pits are also being used especially outside of mindanao or in big events like the Torneos who are using International Asil Boxing Association of the Philippines(founded by Datu Radin Sinsuat Ampatuan) set of rules.

where do you hail from mr Philippe and how's the cockfighting in your country.?
_________________
Raising quality fowls for ...... uhm... for fun I guess
Fujin line
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
philippe
Evil Fowl


Joined: 12 Dec 2004
Battles: 4689
Location: Europe

BattlePosted: Fri Dec 23, 2016 6:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dabehemoth wrote:
Most pits commonly used are 1.5 in diameter. But big pits are also being used especially outside of mindanao or in big events like the Torneos who are using International Asil Boxing Association of the Philippines(founded by Datu Radin Sinsuat Ampatuan) set of rules.

where do you hail from mr Philippe and how's the cockfighting in your country.?


Thanks again for your informatiive post! Good to know that the pits can be bigger.
Could you tell us more about the IABA rules?

Cockfighting is banned in my country for about one century. Soon we'll need a licence to own one rooster at home. The city dwellers are the most numerous. Democracy is the dictatorship of the majority.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
dabehemoth
Chick


Joined: 19 Jul 2015
Battles: 10

BattlePosted: Sun Dec 25, 2016 10:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dont really know too much about them. One thing I can clearly say is that They do have referees.

That's too bad.
_________________
Raising quality fowls for ...... uhm... for fun I guess
Fujin line
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
philippe
Evil Fowl


Joined: 12 Dec 2004
Battles: 4689
Location: Europe

BattlePosted: Tue Dec 27, 2016 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dabehemoth wrote:
I dont really know too much about them. One thing I can clearly say is that They do have referees.

That's too bad.


Here I could find some information about a derby.

2 COCK NAKED HEEL DERBY AND ULOTAN
CLUB TORNEO ASIL ILOILO INTERNATIONALE Invites all naked heelers in the country to come and join the celebration of the club. There will be an experimental 2 COCK ASEEL DERBY as well as the traditional ULOTAN PA-UWAK. Below are the mechanics of the experimental Derby.

The event will be held at SAN MIGUEL COCKPIT ILOILO, PHILIPPINES.

2 COCK NAKED HEEL DERBY
Hosted by: Club Torneo Asil Iloilo Internationale
Event Date/Time: December 27, 2014 @8:30AM
Entry Fee: P3,300.00
Minimum Bet: 3,300.00 per rooster

Mechanics:
1st Cock should be 2.7 kg as center weight give or take 75 grams. 2nd Cock should be 3.0 kg as center weight give or take 75 grams.
Spurs: Only natural sharp spur will be accepted and the maximum length should be 1 inch long.
Deadline for submission of Entry Name is on Dec. 15, 2014.
Submission of Entry Fee and declared weight is on December 26, 2014 from 7:00 AM to 8:00PM at CLD Farm, Brgy. San Jose, San Miguel Iloilo. Participants are welcome to inspect the weighing scale.
Actual Weighing-In of participating cocks will be on December 27, 2014 @8:00AM sharp.
If you failed to make the required weight, your entry fee will be forfeited.
INTERNATIONAL ASIL BOXING ASSOCIATION OF THE PHILIPPINES (IABAP) Rules will be applied.
To determine the grand winner/champion, the winning time of the first and second cocks will be added. The entry with the highest number of win and with the shortest time on the first and second cocks will be declared as grand winner/champion.
The grand winner/champion will receive the grand winner champion price as declared in the blackboard as computed of derby price committee for champion and second winner plus of insurances. In case of tie for the grand prize winner, prize money shall be divided equally among the grand winners.
No withdrawal of fight is allowed.
All participants in the derby are invited to observe the matching on December 26, 2014 8:30pm @ CLD Farm.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
philippe
Evil Fowl


Joined: 12 Dec 2004
Battles: 4689
Location: Europe

BattlePosted: Tue Dec 27, 2016 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One video about the International Asil Boxing Association of the Philippines.
I guess Asil means here "naked heeler" as they tell about the Thai birds, shamos, ganois...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dlCSMfRB49w
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
philippe
Evil Fowl


Joined: 12 Dec 2004
Battles: 4689
Location: Europe

BattlePosted: Tue Dec 27, 2016 4:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One "asil" fight in the Philippines.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B1oZ1kq0ZI8
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
dabehemoth
Chick


Joined: 19 Jul 2015
Battles: 10

BattlePosted: Tue Dec 27, 2016 11:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

philippe wrote:
dabehemoth wrote:
I dont really know too much about them. One thing I can clearly say is that They do have referees.

That's too bad.


Here I could find some information about a derby.

2 COCK NAKED HEEL DERBY AND ULOTAN
CLUB TORNEO ASIL ILOILO INTERNATIONALE Invites all naked heelers in the country to come and join the celebration of the club. There will be an experimental 2 COCK ASEEL DERBY as well as the traditional ULOTAN PA-UWAK. Below are the mechanics of the experimental Derby.

The event will be held at SAN MIGUEL COCKPIT ILOILO, PHILIPPINES.

2 COCK NAKED HEEL DERBY
Hosted by: Club Torneo Asil Iloilo Internationale
Event Date/Time: December 27, 2014 @8:30AM
Entry Fee: P3,300.00
Minimum Bet: 3,300.00 per rooster

Mechanics:
1st Cock should be 2.7 kg as center weight give or take 75 grams. 2nd Cock should be 3.0 kg as center weight give or take 75 grams.
Spurs: Only natural sharp spur will be accepted and the maximum length should be 1 inch long.
Deadline for submission of Entry Name is on Dec. 15, 2014.
Submission of Entry Fee and declared weight is on December 26, 2014 from 7:00 AM to 8:00PM at CLD Farm, Brgy. San Jose, San Miguel Iloilo. Participants are welcome to inspect the weighing scale.
Actual Weighing-In of participating cocks will be on December 27, 2014 @8:00AM sharp.
If you failed to make the required weight, your entry fee will be forfeited.
INTERNATIONAL ASIL BOXING ASSOCIATION OF THE PHILIPPINES (IABAP) Rules will be applied.
To determine the grand winner/champion, the winning time of the first and second cocks will be added. The entry with the highest number of win and with the shortest time on the first and second cocks will be declared as grand winner/champion.
The grand winner/champion will receive the grand winner champion price as declared in the blackboard as computed of derby price committee for champion and second winner plus of insurances. In case of tie for the grand prize winner, prize money shall be divided equally among the grand winners.
No withdrawal of fight is allowed.
All participants in the derby are invited to observe the matching on December 26, 2014 8:30pm @ CLD Farm.



Good find! I believe this advert is from sabong.net. Anyway, this doesn't shed light as to what is the actual rules of IABAP like if there is breaks, how long and if rewetting is allowed. I could ask someone here in my hood about the IABAP rules since his cousins are constant participant in the KING OF THE RING torneo held in Cot. which uses the IABAP rules
_________________
Raising quality fowls for ...... uhm... for fun I guess
Fujin line
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
dabehemoth
Chick


Joined: 19 Jul 2015
Battles: 10

BattlePosted: Tue Dec 27, 2016 11:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

philippe wrote:
One video about the International Asil Boxing Association of the Philippines.
I guess Asil means here "naked heeler" as they tell about the Thai birds, shamos, ganois...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dlCSMfRB49w


yes
_________________
Raising quality fowls for ...... uhm... for fun I guess
Fujin line
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
philippe
Evil Fowl


Joined: 12 Dec 2004
Battles: 4689
Location: Europe

BattlePosted: Wed Dec 28, 2016 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess IABAP promoters try to improve the traditional rules. For example, I saw on the photos of the derby that the pits were about 3 times bigger than the traditional pits.
http://nakedheel.blogspot.be/search?updated-min=2014-01-01T00:00:00-08:00&updated-max=2015-01-01T00:00:00-08:00&max-results=12

To quote Darwin: “It is not the strongest species that survive, nor the most intelligent, but the ones most responsive to change.”
Ignore rapidly changing circumstances and expect to go the way of the dinosaurs.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
dabehemoth
Chick


Joined: 19 Jul 2015
Battles: 10

BattlePosted: Fri Dec 30, 2016 9:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

philippe wrote:
I guess IABAP promoters try to improve the traditional rules. For example, I saw on the photos of the derby that the pits were about 3 times bigger than the traditional pits.


Indeed. My friend told me that IABAP doesn't have breaks. It ia pretty good since that way we will see the endurance, and power of the gamebirds.
_________________
Raising quality fowls for ...... uhm... for fun I guess
Fujin line
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
dabehemoth
Chick


Joined: 19 Jul 2015
Battles: 10

BattlePosted: Fri Dec 30, 2016 9:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TfiV5WGoZiQ

How I wish more people from different parts of the world come and compete here. The last torneo had participants from other parts of southeast asia
_________________
Raising quality fowls for ...... uhm... for fun I guess
Fujin line
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
philippe
Evil Fowl


Joined: 12 Dec 2004
Battles: 4689
Location: Europe

BattlePosted: Sat Dec 31, 2016 5:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dabehemoth wrote:

How I wish more people from different parts of the world come and compete here. The last torneo had participants from other parts of southeast asia



Thanks for information.
In the 2.7kg- 3.0kg weight category, I think Philippines is the only country where it's a no round fight. Elsewhere there are rounds and rests like in human boxing.

The closest type of fight could be in French Polynesia (Tahiti). Also no round. Their birds are a bit lighter, usually from 2.0kg to 2.5kg. They also fight in sharp natural spurs. The pit is bigger. Their birds are usually a blend of Spanish type birds and various oriental birds.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Owho6cgoZPY
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jc5-877J-mg
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
heng
Chick


Joined: 21 Jun 2017
Battles: 6

BattlePosted: Wed Jun 21, 2017 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for all nice post.

gclub
]บาคาร่าออนไลน์
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Naked heels Forum Index * New member area All times are GMT + 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group